Who Invented Homework And Why Should I Complete It
Most students wish that homeworks did not exist. They wish that school work could end in class to provide time for fun activities like sports, movies or adventure with friends, among other more interesting engagements. However, assignments have to be there. But why can’t teacher eliminate this nuisance yet they dreaded it when they were in school? The answer lies in looking at the origin and importance of assignments.
Genesis of Assignments
The practice of giving children work to complete at home started centuries ago. Since children were required to assist parents with chores at home, they did not find enough contact hours with teachers. Teachers resulted to giving them work to finish at home in order to cover large parts of the curriculum. However, the situation has changed yet teachers continue to issue science homework among other subjects. This is because of the benefit to the pupil, teacher and entire education sector. Here are some of those benefits.
- Saves time for other topics- this was the original idea behind assignments and it has not been rendered irrelevant. Once the teacher provides an example, he or she will leave the remaining exercises for students to work out later. The teacher can then teach the other topics or subjects.
- Helps the teacher to evaluate the performance of his or her students. The assumption is that you do not get any homework help and are therefore working independently. If many students get the exercise correctly, the teacher is confident that his or her delivery was good. If the larger part of the class does not understand, the teacher is forced to revisit the topic. This is an important part of learning.
- Teaches independence- students learn to work on their own instead of depending on their teachers or even fellow classmates. This is an important element in learning because it gives them confident that they have understood the concepts being taught. In areas of difficulty, I can get someone to help me do my homework. However, this comes after making several unsuccessful attempts. The percentage where you receive assistance is very small and normal for both the brightest and most daft student.
- Helps the student to gauge understanding- you can measure how well you understood a topic by tackling a few questions away from your teacher. At home, even your classmates will not help. With little chances of getting assistance, you are forced to look within. If an exercise proves difficult, you will get the message that the topic was not understood and seek review from your teacher.
- Allows other people to take part in your learning journey- statistics homework help does not have to come from professional writers. Family members could also provide valuable assistance. Some have completed school and are at an excellent position to assist. They will take pride in assisting you through your academic journey.
Assignments should be taken seriously because they enhance your performance in school. They also enable your teacher to evaluate his or her delivery and therefore improve on teaching. Their benefits also include family members who have a chance to participate in your academic journey. Check MyEssayWriting if you need professional assistance.